Thursday, April 24, 2008

rascal dawgs n such


I found this photo in my pictures file and had to look twice. Don't remember where I got it, but I know why I saved it. Somebody is a brave soul since it is two ACDs (Australian Cattle Dogs) and a 'hoola (Catahoula Leopard Dog). I can only imagine what it would be like to have one more ACD in the house. Total breakdown of all functioning systems.

One ACD is almost more than I can handle most of the time...and I am a confirmed dog person and experienced owner. Chili, my ACD, is the most challenging dog I've ever owned. And I've had Corgis, hoolas, a Rottweiler, and an Akita. All known to be hard to handle. Chili has em all beat. Chili is the Queen of Chaos.

She is busy every minute. Forget 'bout the epilepsy or allergy drugs making her tranked. Recovered from picking a fight with Ginny a week past, she lead Ginny into a bit of typical rascally business yesterday while I was walking my 'good dog' Abby, a Rottie mix. Not content with trashcan dumpster diving, the dynamic duo broke into the pantry and into a box of spaghetti, a box of Life cereal, a box of Honey Nut Cheerios, graham crackers, and most notably...a can of peppered 'Squirrel' brand Virginia peanuts.

After returning from our walk and cleaning up the mess, I called the vet. I knew the rest of the stuff wouldn't hurt them and didn't suppose the peanuts would either, but just in case thought it wise to ask. When the vet stopped laughing, he said it was okay. While on the phone with the vet's office Chili tried to steal my turkey sandwich off the kitchen counter. She's a pip.

Do you suppose she recognized the drawing of the squirrel on the can...and thought they were going to eat, ah, squirrel nuts? With a ACD, you can take nothing for granted.

Ta

No comments: